Tuesday, December 6, 2005

 

a moving letter to me from a beloved friend from the 70s.

Mary,
I just wanted to let you know that I know Tom Fox, one of the Christian Peacemaker Team members hostages taken last week. I cooked with him this summer at a Quaker Camp in Virginia. One of the heartening things was a picture of Palestinian children holding a picture of him, (and the other hostages from Britain and Canada) and protesting for their release. I showed this to my daughters. Our oldest daughter, Sarah,(12) knows that he is scheduled to be executed on Thursday; I haven't had the heart to tell Naomi and Miriam (6 and 9). If you haven't been aware of the story you can check CPT.org. But of course Tom would want us to pray for all in the world, noy just his survival of this situation....
Shine on....
Helen

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.